Saturday, April 01, 2006

Focus (Folk Us) on April Fools

In the few weeks that I have been blogging, I've been happy and bitter, optimistic and critical -- and often a bit of a pompous ass! And, as I expected, I have not been able to focus on any one subject. I wanted to play a good April Fools trick on you -- my non-existent readers -- but as my satirical muse, Jon Stewart would say: I got nuthin! So instead, I'll leave you with a few home-made MP3s and two pictures of Midnight (who went to the big pond / cheese factory / squirrel-chasing country in the sky last year).


Here's old man Midnight looking at you kid!

Midnight could always make us laugh, no matter how surreal things got. He put up with us for 15 years and we walked hundreds of miles together all over southern Ontario. This was taken years earlier at the southern edge of the Oak Ridges Moraine near Richmond Hill, Ontario. Sadly, this valley has now been cut in half by a 4 lane bridge, the paths have been eroded by ATVs and thousands of new houses are crowding in where the trees used to be.




...and a few MP3s




No comments: